Healthibod® is an online company that provides information, content and user support services focused primarily on diet planning, nutrition and wellness. Our website, mobile properties and related applications or “Apps” (collectively our “Website”) are owned and operated by Healthibod Inc.
We know that providing information online requires a lot of trust on your part which we take very seriously. It is a top priority for us to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information that you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services. Before submitting any personal information to us, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy policies. By visiting our website www.healthibod.com , or using an application (“App”) on a mobile phone, tablet or similar device (a “Device”) or in connection with other sites or services, you are accepting the practices described herein.
Summary of information that we collect from you
We receive and store any information that you enter on our Website or give us in any other way including: Information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information regarding your general wellness outlook such as your diet, nutrition and overall health improvement strategies. Additional information requested may include your physical activities, sports and charitable support preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but generally some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from Healthibod and its partners and enjoy the benefits of being a registered user. Examples of registered user benefits include posting of reviews, participation in forums, access to members only content, special offers, contests and surveys and more. Additionally, some information is also required in order to subscribe to our client support services.
• Information from other sources – We may also obtain personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources. Example – if you visit Healthibod by “clicking through” from a site operated by one of our business partners and you have previously registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us. Another example would be if you if you access third-party services, such as social media services, through our Website or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your username, password and other information that is made available to us through those services.
• Automatically collected information – We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit Healthibod. Example – we will collect session data including your IP address, web browser software and referring website. We may also collect information about your online activity such as content viewed, pages visited and searches and/or purchases made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users in order to improve and customize your user experience.
• Payment information – If you subscribe to one of our client support services, we will collect payment information from you including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code and billing address. We will securely transmit this information to our service providers to complete the transaction(s).
• Location information and other information from Devices – When you use an App on a Device, we will collect and use information about you in similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use the Healthibod website. Additionally, we may collect information about your location if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the App via the privacy settings on that Device or if you uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use the location information collected from your Device and/or photos to enhance your use of the App by providing you with relevant content and advertising. Example – we may use your location to show you reviews and listings of nutrition and wellness service providers when you are traveling. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the App. If you have any question(s) about the privacy settings of your Device, please contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
The Help section on the toolbar of most browsers should tell you how to prevent the browser from accepting new cookies and/or how to receive notification when you receive a new cookie and how to disable most cookies. Please not that your access to certain areas of our Website may be limited if you do not accept cookies.
Our Website may also use Web beacons which are small graphics with a unique identifier which function similar to cookies that are placed in the code of a web page. We use the Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users within our Website, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to verify traffic that comes to our Website from other websites or advertisements on other websites and to improve our Website’s performance and measure the effectiveness of our content and offerings.
How we use your information
Who we share your information with
Healthibod may share your information with the following entities:
• Third party vendors – Individuals or entities who provide services or functions on our behalf such as client support services, payment processing, customer service, business analytics, technology services, marketing, public relations, and fraud prevention. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not allowed to share or use the information for any other purpose.
• Business partners – Individuals or entities with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction with. You can identify if a third-party is involved in a product or service as their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose these optional products or services, we may share information about you, including personal information, with these partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy policies of these third-party business partners.
• Social media services – If you choose to access certain third-party social media websites, Apps and services through our website or App, you are sharing information with those sites. As such, the information shared will be governed by the privacy policies of those third-party social media sites and services.
• Legal proceedings & obligations – We may share your information to: Comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders or other court processes, to establish, exercise and preserve our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In general, we reserve all legal rights and remedies available to us.
• Anonymous information - We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties including advertisers and investors such as number of visitors on our Website or the most popular items or features. This type of anonymous information does not contain any personal information.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting the member profile page on our Website. You can also close your account by following the applicable steps outlined on this page and we will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you close your account you can no longer access your personal information; however, you may open a new account at any time. Note: We may retain certain information associated with your account in our files for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity.
Your choices regarding the collection and use of your information
• As outlined above, you can choose to not provide us with any information although it may be needed to take full advantage of certain features offered on Healthibod.
• You can add or update information and also close your account as described above. If you decide to close your Healthibod account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view. Please note that we may retain in our files information associated with your account including past transactions for purposes including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations and compliance with legal requirements.
• As a registered Healthibod member, you can modify your email subscription choices at any time on the member profile page. Whether you are a registered member or not, you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send other communications including service announcements, administrative messages and surveys without offering you the opportunity to opt out of them.
• The Help section of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and/or how to disable cookies altogether. Note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Healthibod, you may not be able to access certain portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to know that Healthibod is committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal information and for business purposes only. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting information and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. NOTE: All information communicated via our client support subscription services shall not be shared with any other party without the expressed written consent of the client/subscriber unless Healthibod is compelled to share such information by court order from a court of competent jurisdiction.
Healthibod is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual we know to be a child under the age of 13 send personal information to us, we will delete and destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting Healthibod from outside the United States
California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address provided below in the “Contact Information” section.
Attn: Legal Department
P.O. Box 1310
Ellicott City, MD 21041-1310 USA
©2022 Healthibod Inc. All rights reserved. Updated June 28, 2022